The Centre has launched a Krishi Vigyan Kendra portal for online monitoring and review of the 645 centres focusing on farm knowledge and research spread across the country and also provide a platform for providing information and advisories to farmers.
• Each of the 645 KVKs has direct interface with at least 1,000 farmers.
• But the information related to KVKs was not available at one place at the national level and farmers and other stakeholders had difficulty in accessing the information.
• The portal (http://kvk.icar.gov.in) was launched recently.
• Apart from online monitoring of KVKs the portal will also provide information on different services being provided by them.
• Weather and market related information can also be accessed on the portal, a release said, adding that information on programmes such as training programmes organized by the KVKs would be available too.
• Farmers and other stakeholders can also pose agriculture related questions on the website which will be answered by experts.