Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee sworn in as Chief Minister of West Bengal on Friday, beginning her second stint in the once-Left dominated State.
• Forty-one ministers, including 17 new faces, were sworn in along with her in batches at a function at Red Road in central Kolkata.
• Among the new entrants in the ministry were singer Indranil Sen, cricketer Laxmi Ratan Shukla, dissident Marxist leader Adbur Razzak Molla, powerful Muslim leader Siddiqullah Chowdhury and a couple of former IPS officers.
• Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and Minister of State for Urban Development Babul Supriyo attended the swearing-in ceremony.
• Her council of ministers includes five Minister of States (Independent Charge) and 8 MoS.
• West Bengal has always had a very strong hold for Mamta.
• Narendra Modi’s Language and his speeches also worked against the BJP which lead to the defeat of BJP in the state.